The Garmin Approach Z80 Laser Rangefinder & GPS is the most accurate laser rangefinder available. This cutting-edge piece of equipment is by far the best investment you can make to improve the quality of your game.
- Full-colour 2-D course view mapping
- 41,000 courses worldwide
- Shows a detailed green view in a 2-D overlay with front and back information as soon as you lock the flag
- Most accurate distance measurements, within 10 to the flag, up to 350 yards (320 metres)
- Image stabilisation reduces shakiness and makes it easier to find and range the flag
- PlaysLike Distance feature adjusts distances based on an uphill or downhill slope
- Turns on or off for tournament play
What's in the box?
- Approach Z80 golf laser rangefinder
- Carry case with carabiner
- Charging/data cable
What are the specifications?
- Unit dimensions: 122.9 x 80.0 x 42.1 mm
- Weight: 226 g
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion (non-replaceable)
- Battery life: Up to 15 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- Interface: USB
- Full-colour OLED display
- Diopter adjustment (+/- 4)
- Tournament mode (disables non-conforming features)
- Laser range to flag: 350 yards/320 metres
- Laser accuracy: +/- 10 (25 cm)
- Magnification: 6x
- Flag Finder with visual confirmation laser has locked onto the flag
- Image stabilisation
- Laser range arc (displayed on map)
- PlaysLike Distance (slope correction)
GPS and maps:
- More than 41,000 preloaded course maps
- 2-D course maps displayed in the viewfinder
- Green View (automatic when laser ranging the flag)
- Distances to hazards and layups
- Distances to front, centre and back of the green
- Drive distance arc
- Free course updates
- Auto hole transition
- Par information for each hole
- Auto Zoom
- PinPointer (for lining up blind shots)
- Support Center
- Course Updates
See the game differently:
Image stabilisation makes it easier to find and range to the flag. The ingenious flag finder locks onto the flag of any hole. After flag lock, the viewfinder changes automatically to add a detailed 2-D view of the green layout plus distances to the front and back of the green. The view through the rangefinder shows the hole at 6x magnification for clear, crisp views with augmented map overlays that show the hole layout.
Help for uphill and downhill shots:
The PlaysLike Distance feature adjusts yardages for uphill or downhill shots based on the change in elevation from where you are standing to the location labelled on the map. This makes figuring out which club to use for uphill and downhill shots much easier.
See what's in play:
Once you range an object, the Laser Range Arc feature draws an arc on the 2-D course view map at the distance the laser ranged, so you can see everything that is in play at that distance.