Forged Ring Construction is the key to unlocking a new dimension of distance and optimal forgiveness with SIM2 Max D. Crafted from a lightweight and high strength aluminium that’s precision milled, it unites the critical components of the driver's head into a singular force. Forming a driver built for forgiveness and power, designed to give you the confidence to take on any tee shot.
Traditional draw-bias drivers come with a tradeoff, sacrificing forgiveness for left-to-right ball flight. We’ve journeyed beyond tradition to deliver forgiveness and the ball flight you need. The reconstructed SIM2 Max D features a repositioned Inertia Generator that’s closer to the heel, encouraging a heel CG that’s low and back for more forgiveness. The result, a draw-biased driver without compromise.
Building on the breakthrough performance of Shape In Motion, SIM2 Max D features an all-new Inertia Generator formed by its 9-layer carbon sole. The lightweight panel is strategically angled to improve aerodynamics at the most critical phase of the swing for faster clubhead speeds. TaylorMade has moved the additional weight to the rear of the club to encourage higher MOI and optimal launch properties.
The milled back face cup is crafted from high strength titanium to encourage fast ball speeds. Internal milling varies face thickness and pinpoints performance where golfers need it the most, making way for an intelligently optimized sweet spot that covers the most common impact areas. A new toe side Speed Injection Port lets us more efficiently calibrate each head to the threshold of the maximum legal limit of ball speed while Twist Face® continues to help all golfers find more fairways.
- SIM Inertia Generator: The asymmetric Inertia Generator is designed to provide faster club head speed through advanced geometry and aerodynamic analytics. A full lightweight carbon sole enables the redistribution of mass for a deeper CG and enhanced forgiveness
- Draw-bias design: Often, standard draw-bias designs promote a right-to-left ball flight at the expense of forgiveness. By reconstructing the driver head and shifting the asymmetric Inertia Generator closer to the heel, we're able to maintain forgiveness while enhancing draw bias
- Speed injected twist face: Speed Injected Twist Face improves ball speed by calibrating each head to the threshold of the legal speed limit with corrective face curvature also protecting against heel and toe mis-hits
- Thru-slot speed pocket: Our most flexible Speed Pocket™ design is engineered to maximize ball speeds and produce additional forgiveness on low face strikes
- Split mass weighting: Featuring a TPS weight on the sole of the club and 16 grams of steel at the rear, this design element promotes enhanced forgiveness and spin properties while allowing for precise target swing weights during custom assembly