The TaylorMade SIM Max D Driver is for golfers with a high handicap and is great if you would like to improve on your drive. It has a very large face, providing you with lots of surface area. The divergent topline masking makes the driver look more open at the address. This can encourage you to turn the face over when striking the ball. The SIM Max D's clubhead face is 18% bigger than the SIM. This makes it look open when you strike the ball.
The weighting at the tip of the inertia generator has been halved. This is so mass can be moved to a heel pad. And this creates a draw bias like the previous D-Type drivers. There could be no better way to improve your drive.
- Asymmetric sole shape & Inertia Generator is designed to provide faster clubhead speed for more ball speed and distance while the rear weight creates high MOI for improved forgiveness.
- Speed injected: Improves ball speed across the face by calibrating each head to the threshold of the legal speed limit.
- Twist Face uses corrective face angles designed to overcome inherent golfer tendencies on mis-hits and to produce straighter shots.
- Multi-material construction creates a head design where weight is positioned precisely in the head for ultra-low CG and high MOI.
- Thru-slot speed pocket technology delivers enhanced sole flexibility to create additional ball speed as well as improved forgiveness on low-face mis-hits.
- Inverted cone technology expands the C.O.R. zone of the clubface, resulting in a larger sweet spot and better performance on mis-hits.